We are excited to announce our next round of developer portal updates! PlayPhone has worked long and hard to make our developer portal even better.
First, we wanted to give you a bit of background. Until now, developers had no way of managing the status of their games (submission, canceling submission or un-publishing games). PlayPhone had to approve any and all changes. As PlayPhone’s developer network expands, this process became inefficient and was no longer the best solution. We decided to give our developers more options and control over their games and below is a full list of the latest update.
Game Setup Improvement:
- We developed a new step-by-step wizard for setting up your games metadata, in-app products, leaderboards, achievements, promotional assets and application resources.
- Use the active checklists to ensure all relevant sections have been completed for submitting your game for approval.
Go Sequentially, or Skip Ahead:
- Use the “Back” and “Next” navigation buttons to navigate between sections sequentially OR
- Use the section quick link on the left hand panel to jump to other sections
When your game is ready, Submit for Approval:
- Quickly review the game status to know if your game is ready for approval, pending approval or needs revision.
- You can manage the status of your game with very simple actions:
- “Review Actions” – Review pending actions for submitting game for approval
- “Submit Now” – Sends your game to the game approvals team
- “Cancel Submission” – Removes your request to approve the game
- “Unpublish” – Un-publishes the game from the game store
- Your games are queued up for approval and publishing as soon as you submit it.
- We will send you continuous updates on the status of your game as it moves from testing to approval to finally being published on the Game Stores of your choice.
Visit our dev portal, and let us know what you think of the changes!