The Data Analyst role
demands an analytical, detail-oriented self-starter who possesses strong
project management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks with
confidence and maturity. You must possess an understanding of the mobile gaming
industry and recurring subscription billing models to develop analytics
processes and reports that will drive key product decisions.
We’re looking for someone who has experience working with world-class analytics platforms and reporting systems to demonstrably improve product quality and revenues. You will work with large volumes of data, running your own analyses, and make recommendations to all areas of the business to drive revenue and growth.
The role is broad in scope and offers the potential candidate the opportunity to touch all areas of our organization and grow within PlayPhone. This position is based in downtown San Francisco and reports directly to the Chief Product Officer.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· Develop and maintain company-wide data analytics systems and processes that allow product owners to optimize revenue and retention
· Conduct campaign analyses of ongoing marketing promotions to optimize for cost of user acquisition
· Solely own and manage the forecasting, modeling, retention, and LTV analysis for recurring subscription billing business
· Monitor and optimize our product performance on key dimensions for revenue, retention, and engagement
· Meet regularly with product teams, executive management, and key stakeholders to present analysis and actionable recommendations for product optimization and/or innovation
· Provide regular, timely reporting and performance monitoring to Executive Team, Finance, and other key business stakeholders
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
· 3+ years experience in mobile, social gaming, or related quantitative fields or consulting firms/financial institutions
· Thorough understanding of mobile game analytics and recurring subscription billing models
· Hands on experience with data warehouse and track record of analyzing large amounts of raw data, defining problems and then recommending actions; not just “reporting”
· Strong expertise in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, Stats functions, What Ifs, Custom Functions), VBA, MySQL, and other statistical or BI tools. Proficiency in PHP a plus.
· Proven ability to conceive and test hypotheses based on inconclusive or incomplete data from unstructured data and creating structures that lend themselves to analysis
· Background in statistical analysis and familiarity with core statistical functions, including multivariate regression, correlation models, and analysis of variance
· Experience working cross-functionally across all areas in a company
· Excellent communication skills including solid verbal, written and listening skills